Attorney / Partner
I am a partner and attorney highly specialised in Corporate law and IT law. I have more than 15 years experience with transactions, legal procedures and advising business clients. I work internationally and with international clients on a regular basis. Consequently, I have an international contact network at my disposal
Cases and projects I have worked on include:
- setting up a joint venture between a project developer and a finance company.
- the (partial) acquisition of a Dutch real estate developer by an Asian investment company.
- setting up of legal entities.
- dissolving of legal entities.
- unwinding joint ventures.
- mergers and acquisitions.
- drafting of cooperation agreements and establishing of partnerships (such as limited partnerships and general partnerships).
- disputes between shareholders, directors and supervisory boards.
- drafting and review of transaction documentation and the provision of legal opinions in connection with finance transactions.
- sale of a pharmaceutical company to an investment company, within the context of a pending enquiry at the Enterprise Chamber of the Amsterdam Court of Appeal.
- drafting of all the necessary documentation and provision of advice regarding privacy legislation for a Dutch SaaS provider.
- creation of all the necessary documentation and provision of advice regarding privacy legislation for a Dutch-American PaaS provider.
- advising the German government on privacy legislation in connection with the German coronavirus app.
- safeguarding an internet number resources block owned by a local internet registry that was at risk of falling into the hands of cybercriminals as a result of fraud involving a company in Moldova.
- various disputes within legal entities, including ones within the context of enquiries at the Enterprise Chamber of the Amsterdam Court of Appeal.
- execution proceedings and various interim relief proceedings.
I studied at the University of Amsterdam. After graduating, I worked as a lawyer and attorney for the Royal Netherlands Navy, Allen & Overy, Fort Advocaten and De Hooge Waerder Accountants.
I took and completed specialist courses in Corporate and Company Law and Information Technology Law at the Grotius Academie.
I am a member of the specialist associations Association for Corporate Litigation (VCL) and the Netherlands Association for Information Technology and Law (NVvIR).
Netherlands Bar’s register of legal practice areas
Lorentz Bults registered by the Dutch Law Society to practice law in the following areas:
- Company law
- IT law
Based on this registration, he is obliged to obtain ten training points in each of these areas of law every calendar year in accordance with the standards of the Dutch Law Society.
Dutch and English